SECTION A: Information Sources
- SigmaNet contacts:
- 301-345-2002 voice mail
- 301-345-2000 voice mail
- x130 Sanjay Mishra (System Administrator) email@example.com
[ pronounced sahn'-jay mish'-ra ]
- 301-441-1771 fax
- SigmaNet website: www.sigmanet.net
- Page drafts posted for Board approval: Draft GIAC Pages
- Transition information released to Members: Active GIAC Pages
SECTION B: Project Schedule
- Policy changes - January 8-14.
- Member account setups - January 14-17.
- Website relocations - January 14-17.
RELOCATIONS DONE - TESTING STARTED JAN 19
- No action needed 1
- No help wanted by owner 3
- No response from owner 14
- Website deleted 1
- In progress 1
- Transitions completed 1
- Not reported 0
- TOTAL MEMBER WEBSITES (Section E) 21
- Member transitions - January 17-30.
STARTED JAN 20
- No action needed 24
- No help wanted by owner 10
- No response from owner 6
- Transitions in progress 1
- Transitions abandoned 1
- Transitions completed 31
- Not reported 0
- TOTAL MEMBER TRANSITIONS (Section F) 73
- Administrative changes - January 17-30.
- First SigmaNet billing to GIAC - February 1.
SECTION C: Policy Changes
- Nancy will verify SigmaNet's business references.
- Neil will notify SigmaNet regarding GIAC's decision.
- Neil will post a website bulletin announcing the upcoming ISP change to GIAC Members.
- Neil will post updated versions of GIAC website pages to document changes related to the ISP transition.
SECTION D: Member Account Setups
- Neil will build and deliver to Sanjay a file containing current Member account information.
- Sanjay will generate Member account setups and notify Neil regarding any name conflicts.
- Member accounts with name conflicts
-news ALTERNATE 'faith' DEFINED ON BOTH SERVERS - DONE
- Neil will post a website bulletin announcing the completion of Member account setups on SigmaNet servers.
- Neil will send an e-mail message to Transition Team announcing the completion of Member account setups on SigmaNet servers.
SECTION E: Website Relocations
- Sanjay will establish the temporary domain name www.greenbelt.sigmanet.net.
- Sanjay will establish webmaster accounts for Neil and Nancy.
- Neil will configure and verify webmaster access for Neil (WIN31) and Nancy (WIN95) to SigmaNet servers.
- Neil and Nancy will create Greenbelt.COM and Member website directory structures.
- Neil and Nancy will transfer Greenbelt.COM and Member websites from DSI to the SigmaNet web server.
- Neil will notify Members about website transfer anomalies.
DONE - PENDING REPLIES
- Member sites with only index.htm
-alxndr OK - DUAL DEFAULTS
-dlove OK - DUAL DEFAULTS
-homes OK - DUAL DEFAULTS
-KierJenn OK - WEBSITE DELETED
-Lions OK - FIXED BY OWNER
-macro OK - DUAL DEFAULTS
-new-deal-cafe OK - DUAL DEFAULTS
-news OK - DUAL DEFAULTS
-plazagourmet OK - DUAL DEFAULTS
-wtdupree OK - FIXED BY OWNER
-all GCOM and GIAC directories OK - DUAL DEFAULTS
- Member sites with only index.html
- Member sites with both index.htm and index.html
-dmacy OWNER WILL FIX
-GreenbeltElementary NOTIFIED TWICE
- Member sites with neither index.htm nor index.html
-schieb OWNER WILL FIX
- Member sites with filename conflicts
-KierJenn OK - WEBSITE DELETED
- Member sites with capitalization anomalies in index.html
-padiandjim OK - FIXED BY OWNER
- Sanjay will apply the GIAC website security configuration.
- Neil will post a website bulletin announcing the completion of Member website transfers to SigmaNet servers.
- Members will begin website tests on SigmaNet servers.
- OWNER websites with reported testing anomalies
-alxndr CAPITALIZATION - OWNER WILL FIX
-gccucc CAPITALIZATION - NANCY WILL FIX
-new-deal-cafe CAPITALIZATION - OWNER WILL FIX
-news CAPITALIZATION & MAILBOX - FIXED BY NEIL - DONE
-plazagourmet CAPITALIZATION - OWNER WILL FIX
-all others - testing status unknown ALL OWNERS NOTIFIED TWICE
- Neil will coordinate with Sanjay to implement 'register' and 'dirlist' CGI scripts on the SigmaNet server.
'REGISTER' DONE - 'DIR' PARTIALLY DONE
- Neil will coordinate with Sanjay to transfer the GREENBELT.COM domain name to SigmaNet.
- Neil will confirm current status with Patty after devoting a big slice of life to GREENBELT.COM.
PATTY LOVES NEIL
- Neil will send notice of termination to Dong Sung InforComm.
SECTION F: Member Transitions
- Transition Team members:
- Jim Heagy - MAC/OS
- Bill Dupree - WIN95
- Dorian Winterfeld - WIN95
- Tom Crompton - WIN95
- Nancy Revis - WIN95
- Doug Love - WIN31
- Patty Merryman - mixed
- Neil McLeod - mixed
- The Transition Team will assist Members with software configuration changes to access the SigmaNet ISP, beginning Saturday, January 17. Help will be needed with WIN95, WIN31 and MAC/OS Internet applications (dial-up, e-mail, browser & FTP). The Transition Team will determine how to best handle Member reconfigurations (phone conversations, on-site visits, written instructions, etc.). Please forward to Neil ASAP any information you wish to post on the website.
- Neil will obtain Internet Explorer 3.02 connection software from SigmaNet for WIN95 and WIN31 (on CD-ROM and diskette) and MAC/OS (on diskette) and will forward multiple copies to the Transition Team.
- Bill will build a page of transition instructions for WIN95 users.
- Doug will build a page of transition instructions for WIN31 users.
NOT COMPLETED - NOT USED
- Neil will build temporary transition instructions for WIN31 users.
- Jim will build a page of transition instructions for MAC/OS users.
- Neil will post a website bulletin announcing the beginning of the Member transition period. The bulletin will include information about Member passwords and a link to the transition instructions.
- Jim will prepare e-mail announcements of the ISP change to GIAC Members (directing attention to the website bulletin).
- Jim will convert or coordinate these accounts:
- 00010 sharper - MAC BY OWNER
- 00013 hindsley - MAC DONE
- 00024 padiandjim - MAC DONE
- 00038 bram - MAC DONE
- 00066 kyoho - MAC DONE
- Bill will convert or coordinate these accounts:
- 00014 wtdupree - WIN95 DONE
- 00029 alxndr - WIN95 BY OWNER
- 00041 DWallace - WIN95 DONE
- 00044 leonard - WIN95 BY OWNER
- 00048 stmcpas - WIN95 DONE
- 00057 mazon - WIN95 DONE
- 00060 snowbound - WIN95 DONE
- 00065 cbailey - WIN95 (never connected) BY OWNER
- 00070 PleasantTouch - WIN95 DONE
- Dorian will convert or coordinate these accounts:
- 00007 dmacy - WIN95 BY OWNER
- 00015 radiofliers - WIN95 (needs IE 3.x upgrade for remote mail) NO SERVICE
- 00016 schieb - WIN95 BY OWNER
- 00017 artscenter - WIN95 NO RESPONSE
- 00031 dorian, amethyst - WIN95 DONE
- 00033 gblibrary - WIN95 NO RESPONSE
- 00035 darsa - WIN95 NO RESPONSE
- Doug will convert or coordinate these accounts:
- 00001 dlove - WIN31 DONE
- 00008 mattel - WIN31 DONE
- 00018 GBElementary - WIN95 DONE
- 00018 GBElementary2 - WIN31 BY OWNER
- 00022 agerster, civic - WINNT BY OWNER
- 00040 ProcessPlus - WIN31 DISGRUNTLED - RESIGNED
- 00042 bates - WIN31 BY OWNER
- 00043 rbrune - WIN95 DONE
- 00052 ghosal-you - WIN95 DONE
- Tom will convert or coordinate these accounts:
- 00006 edjames - UNIX ? NO RESPONSE
- 00050 nichols - ? NO RESPONSE
- 00053 gccucc - WIN31 DONE
- 00058 (Cassels) - MAC (never connected) NO SERVICE
- 00061 IBDiving - ? NO RESPONSE
- 00063 StacyMcCarthy - WIN95 BY OWNER
- 00064 (Crompton) - WIN95 NO SERVICE
- 00067 lomax - WIN95 DONE
- 00068 shimanuki - WIN95 DONE
- Nancy will convert or coordinate these accounts:
- 00012 (DocPrepPlus) - ? NO SERVICE
- 00021 (Caprette) - WIN31 NO SERVICE
- 00026 (Sams) - ? NO SERVICE
- 00030 KierJenn - ? DONE
- 00032 bobcat - ? DONE
- 00039 PhilFBrown - WIN31 DONE
- 00045 (Richardson) - ? NO SERVICE
- 00047 JohnK - ? (SUSPENDED)
- 00049 nrevis - WIN95 DONE
- Neil and Patty will convert or coordinate these accounts:
- 00002 macro - WIN31 DONE
- 00019 mjmoore, ksweeney - WIN31 IN PROGRESS
- 00019 micswe - WIN95 DONE
- 00020 PoretskyManagement - WIN95 (2) DONE
- 00027 sbt-ss - WIN95 INACTIVE
- 00028 centerway - WIN31 DONE
- 00037 jebates - WIN31 DONE
- 00046 PowerMax - WIN95 DONE
- 00051 earp - WIN95 DONE
- 00055 news (renamed to 'faith') - WIN31 DONE
- No action needed:
- 00000 (Reiss) - WIN95 RESIGNED
- 00003 (Zaghal) - WIN31 RESIGNED
- 00004 (Anne Andersen) - IBM (2) INACTIVE
- 00005 (Lau) - WIN31 NO SERVICE
- 00009 notesj - ? NO SERVICE
- 00011 (Walt Andersen) NO SERVICE
- 00023 CardonCorporation - WIN31 NO SERVICE
- 00025 philip - WIN31 NO SERVICE
- 00034 pangroup - WIN95 NO SERVICE
- 00036 g-gamble - ? RESIGNED
- 00054 EBaker - ? NO SERVICE
- 00056 olivier - WIN95 RESIGNED
- 00059 ksc - MAC NO SERVICE
- 00062 InfoLark - WIN95 RESIGNED
- 00069 barbarah - ? RESIGNED
- Vlad will register users of SigmaNet national access numbers.
SECTION G: Administrative Changes
- Neil will post updated versions of GIAC website pages to document a transfer of administrative duties from the Webmaster to the Secretary and Treasurer. Please review the page drafts as they are posted and forward any comments/suggestions to Neil.
- Neil will prepare updated versions of GIAC paper forms to document changes related to the ISP transition.
- Chris will prepare updated versions of GIAC accounting procedures and forms to handle changes related to the ISP transition.
- Doug will reinitialize the Problem Log to report SigmaNet problems.
DUE JAN 17 - STATUS ??
- Doug will print the final DSI Problem Log and forward it to Nancy for filing in GIAC permanent records.
DUE FEB 1
- ISP Committee will send thank you letters to the three submitting ISP's whose proposals were not accepted.
2 OF 3 DONE
- Matt will submit an article to the News Review announcing the ISP transition.