Greenbelt Internet Access Cooperative (GIAC), aka GREENBELT.COM, will conclude its ninth full year of operation at its Annual Meeting on Tuesday, June 7th, at the Greenbelt Community Center.
GIAC is a non-stock cooperative organized and operated by community volunteers to help others learn about and access the Internet.
Sign in and refreshments will begin at 6:30pm.
The Annual Meeting comprises two separate meetings:
- The Annual Membership Meeting, at 7:00pm, at which any proposed changes to GIAC Articles of Incorporation and Bylaws will be heard and decided by the Membership and vacancies on the Board of Directors will be filled by election.
- The Annual Board Meeting, immediately after the Membership Meeting, at which Officers of the Cooperative for the upcoming year will be elected and other principal jobs, committees and activities will be assigned to GIAC volunteers.
During the past year of operation, GIAC community service initiatives included:
GET INVOLVED WITH GREENBELT.COM!
- Funding a New Deal Cafe WiFi (wireless) hotspot.
- Upgrading the News Review office network and broadband connectivity.
- Implementing broadband access for GIAC classes.
- Free hosting of websites and e-mail services for local non-profit organizations.
- Soliciting amateur and professional photographs to expand the online Community Gallery.
- Coordinating user requests for computer support with local service providers.
- and much more ...
With GIAC support, pursue your own great ideas and interests for Internet-related community activities.
Volunteers are needed to serve as Directors, Officers, and committee members and to staff GIAC activities planned for the upcoming year.
No special skills or experience are required for most roles and as little as one or two hours of volunteer service each month makes a big difference. Contact the Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com or 301-419-8044 for more information or to volunteer for any role. Subscription to GREENBELT.COM Internet services is not required to join the Cooperative or to participate in its activities.
Visit the volunteer-supported Greenbelt Community Website at greenbelt.com.
GIAC Board of Directors