GREENBELT INTERNET ACCESS COOPERATIVE
Monthly Board Meeting
September 13, 2001
Present: Anne Andersen, Gilbert Lee, Mary Camp, Doug Love, Leonie
1. Meeting called to order at 7:12 PM.
2. Secretary Report (Leonie Penney)
No meeting in August (no quorum); no minutes.
3. Treasurer Report (Gil Lee)
Gil gave Anne a list of deposited checks.
4. Vice President Report (Mary Camp)
- Last week in September
- Mary: "Internet Nuisances" (spam, cookies)
- Doug: "Introduction to the Internet" (elementary class)
Doug will talk with the GATE people to get a phone line for both
5. System Administrator report (Anne Andersen)
- Anne will call BooNet to determine the status of WebMail (Is it
activated and what do you have to enter to use it?)
- Anne will also ask BooNet how the owner of GIAC web pages can
get access in order to update these pages (Margaret Zook did
not respond to a relevant e-mail from Gilbert). Does the GIAC
mailbox already exist? How can we access it? She will also
find out what the privileges are of accounts 'giac' and
- Anne reported that she still gets some questions, but much
fewer than before. Doug mentioned that the Arts Center still
has problems, which he will fix.
6. Additional Items
LABOR DAY FESTIVAL
- Information Booth on Saturday, September 1, was a great
success. Gilbert and Peggy staffed the booth with help from
Jane Jaworski, Nancy Allen, and Ron Ansted. The telephone line
worked fine. Nancy Allen took pictures, which were transferred
to a live website. Many people visited the booth: 10
membership kits were picked up, Gilbert sent out 11 more (after
taking down the names and addresses).
- Volunteers for the Parade signed on too late so we did not
participate. Next year Mary will start asking for volunteers
at the Annual Membership Meeting.
- Mary will develop a poster for the "Introduction to the
Internet" class, without a date. Since this class will be
given more than once, the date can be filled in for each new
- Mary will also make a GIAC info-bookmark (from hard blue paper)
to be distributed by us in places such as the Library and the
cafeteria in the Community Center.
- Leonie will start her (first) turn Sunday, September 16, thru
- Doug has been asked by the City to set up, for the upcoming
City elections, a webpage for the biographies of the candidates
for City Council membership. Doug will use Mary's website and
give the City a link to it.
7. Meeting closed at 8:00 PM.
October 13, 2001