Monthly Board Meeting
March 11, 2004. Police Station
Present: Board members: Douglas Love (Chair), Alexander Barnes, Peggy Bates, Mary Camp, Ed James & Neil McLeod
=== PRELIMINARIES ===
The meeting was called to order at 7:05 PM
The agenda was approved unanimously.
The minutes of the February (12th) meeting were approved unanimously.
=== Monthly Reports ===
Treasurer’s Report (Peggy Bates)
* 58 dial up members, l new member, lost none in February.
* Income exceeded expenditures by $30.39 in February for a year-to-date of $749.
Vice President’s Report (Mary Camp)
* Approximately 8 people attended the Webmail class on 2/26 (Thu).
* The next class is scheduled for 3/31(Wed); it will be on Inexpensive Graphics Software.
President’s Report (Doug Love)
* Bank signature card with Vice President included as a signatory done.
System Administrator’s Report (Peggy Bates)
* Peggy working with Jim Hudson on move of email to Delmarva server and website name
Webmster’s Report (Neil McLeod)
* Thanked the members present for work they have done for GIAC over the years.
* Voiced concerns about services and customer service given GIAC by past and new ISP’s.
* Proposed possible course of action for GIAC to take to meet members’ service and cost
needs if when the transition is complete Delmarva proves to be unsatisfactory.
Director’s Report (Ed James)
* Only 2 responses to “News Review” request for WiFi volunteers.
* Will look into small demo WiFi network, possibly with own and Peggy Bates’ court, or in
The New Deal Cafe during Labor Day festival, or outdoors in the Center.
Director’s Report (Alexander Barnes)
* Worked with Mary Clark on DSL from Delmarva.
=== OLD BUSINESS ===
Legal Committee (Doug Love)
* Worked with Leonie Penney to gather News Review items about GIAC activities to file
with tax exempt documents.
* Peggy Bates gave the committee the files to audit so the committee can meet at their
convenience. Mary Camp will contact Gilbert Lee to set up another meeting.
* Doug Love will email members requesting ISP volunteers.
* Peggy Bates will email the board the To-do list for the annual meeting.
* 7:00 p.m. on April 8th at the Greenbelt police station.
Voice Mail Roster: Don’t forget to check out GIAC@greenbelt.com !!!
* Mar. 07 - Mar. 13 Douglas Love
* Mar. 14 - Mar. 20 Neil McLeod
* Mar. 21 - Mar. 27 Ed James
* Mar. 28 - Apr. 03 Leonie Penney
* Apr. 04 - Apr. 10 Alexander Barnes
* Apr. 11 - Apr. 17 Mary Camp
* Peggy Bates - email annual meeting To-do list to board.
* Mary Camp - schedule audit committee meeting, arrange April class with Neil McLeod.
* Ed James - update annual meeting and next meeting agendas.
* Doug Love - email members asking for ISP volunteers.
* Neil McLeod - link to dialer for the annual meeting
The meeting adjourned at 8:50pm