Monthly Board Meeting
April 8, 2004. Police Station
Present: Board members: Douglas Love (Chair), Alexander Barnes, Peggy Bates, Mary Camp, Ed James & Neil McLeod
=== PRELIMINARIES ===
The meeting was called to order at 7:04 PM
The agenda was approved unanimously.
The minutes of the March (11th) meeting were approved unanimously.
=== Monthly Reports ===
Treasurer’s Report (Peggy Bates)
* lost 1 member, suspended 1 member in March.
* Income exceeded expenditures by $70 in March, projected year-to-date is $883.
Vice President’s Report (Mary Camp)
* Approximately 5 people attended the Inexpensive Graphics Software class on 3/31 (Wed).
* The next class is scheduled for 5/05(Wed) on ‘How to Can Spam’ by Neil McLeod.
President’s Report (Doug Love)
*Discussed to-do items for Annual Meeting on June 1st: reserve room, recruit volunteer(s) for
refreshments, Sysman and Secretary.
*Waiting for some info for legal form before requesting legal expertise from community.
System Administrator’s Report (Peggy Bates)
*ISP issues: no support from Delmarva without increase in cost. Need someone to arrange for
dial-up so GIAC can unbundle services. Need to develop financial plan for unbundled
Webmster’s Report (Neil McLeod)
* Reiterated proposal presented at March 11th meeting for hosting GIAC.
Director’s Report (Ed James)
* Will write up agenda for next Board Meeting on May 13.
Director’s Report (Alexander Barnes)
* Working on WiFi survey.
=== OLD BUSINESS ===
Legal Committee (Doug Love)
* No committee report (see President’s report above).
* Mary Camp reported there was no meeting in March.
* Doug Love will investigate dial-up services and hold meeting for those willing to help.
* Need a credit card for GIAC business, particularly for to pay for dial-up service.
* 7:00 p.m. on May 13th at the Greenbelt police station.
Voice and Email Roster: Don’t forget to check GIAC@greenbelt.com
* Mar. 28 – Apr. 03 Leonie Penney
* Apr. 04 – Apr. 10 Alexander Barnes
* Apr. 11 – Apr. 17 Mary Camp
* Apr. 18 – Apr. 24 Doug Love
* Apr. 25 – May 01 Neil McLeod
* May 02 – May 08 Ed James
* May 09 – May 15 Leonie Penney
* Peggy Bates – email annual meeting To-do list to board.
* Mary Camp – schedule audit committee meeting, arrange May class with Neil McLeod,
write final March minutes and April draft minutes.
* Ed James – compile next Board meeting agenda.
* Doug Love – Reserve room for annual meeting, review dial-up service providers, email
members asking for ISP volunteers.
* Neil McLeod – work on preparing to move GIAC from Boonet, give Mailwasher class in
The meeting adjourned at 8:34 PM