Monthly Board Meeting
May 13, 2004. Police Station
Present: Douglas Love (Chair), Peggy Bates, Mary Camp, Ed James & Neil McLeod
=== PRELIMINARIES ===
The meeting was called to order at 7:15 PM
The agenda was approved unanimously.
The minutes of the April (8th) meeting were approved unanimously.
=== Monthly Reports ===
Secretary (Mary Camp)
* corrected March 11th minutes sent to all. Doug did not receive, will be resent to him.
Treasurer (Peggy Bates)
* no change in membership - 52 subscribers.
* projected year-to-date is $626.85.
Vice President’s Report (Mary Camp)
* 3 people attended ‘How to Can Spam’ on 5/05 (Wed) by Neil McLeod.
* future class topics may include free alternatives to MicroSoft Office, ‘How to Buy a Computer’,
buying a digital camera, spyware, firewalls, viruses.
* need list of email addresses to inform users of classes.
President’s Report (Doug Love)
* Leonie Penney has resigned as Secretary effective with the end of her term.
Alexander Barnes emailed his resignation to the board - it was accepted.
* discussed to-do items for Annual Meeting on June 1st: Dining Rm #2 reserved, Elizabeth Hubley
will provide refreshments. Will request at annual meeting help with 501C3 tax-empt papers from
* meet at Peggy’s 7:00pm on Friday May 21st to prepare for annual meeting.
* Mary will buy Avery postcards for annual meeting notice. To be sent to membership on May 22nd
* bought dial-up service and signed contract with IKANO.
System Administrator’s Report (Peggy Bates and Neil McLeod)
* dial-up activated May 7th in preparation for ISP transfer.
* documentation being prepared for users to transfer. Users will be emailed about transfer and mailed
instructions on May 15.
* ISP transfer to take place on Thursday May 20th. Mail on Delmarva will be available until May 31st.
* websites have been transferred to new ISP and will updated at domain transfer.
* user who’s computer was hijacked for spamming has been cleaned and greenbelt.com domain has
been removed from Spam Cop’s blacklist.
* will investigate virus and spam filtering with new ISP and possibility of buying Spam Soap
Webmster’s Report (Neil McLeod)
* items reported in Sysman report.
Director’s Report (Ed James)
* will write up agenda for next Board Meeting on Wednesday June 9th.
* will look into WiFi and who has it.
=== OLD BUSINESS ===
Legal Committee (Doug Love)
* No committee report (see President’s report above).
* Mary Camp reported she and Gil Lee met. Have not finished, so far no discrepancies outside of
account number on work order.
* 7:00 p.m. on Wednesday June 9 th at the Greenbelt police station.
Voice and Email Roster: Don’t forget to check GIAC@greenbelt.com
* May 09 – May 15 Leonie Penney
* May 16 – May 22 Mary Camp
* May 23 – May 29 Doug Love
* May 30 – Jun 05 Neil McLeod
* Jun 06 – Jun 12 Ed James
* Peggy Bates – make postcards, annual meeting preparation
* Mary Camp – schedule audit committee meeting, write and send draft May minutes, final April to
board, and resend final March to Doug. Buy postcards for Peggy.
* Ed James – compile next Board meeting agenda.
* Doug Love – prepare for annual meeting.
* Neil McLeod – work on preparing to move GIAC from Boonet.
The meeting adjourned at 8:40 PM