Monthly Board Meeting
July 08, 2004. Greenbelt Police Station
Present: Douglas Love (Chair), Mary Camp, Elizabeth Hubley, Ed James and Neil McLeod,
=== Preliminaries ===
The meeting was called to order at 7:06 PM
The modification/approval to agenda approved unanimously. (EJ moved, MC seconded)
=== Visitor Presentations ===
Elizabeth Hubley discussed publicity and having about 20 flyers for Joe’s, Co-op and table at Library.
=== Monthly Reports ===
Secretary (Mary Camp, Acting)
* The minutes of the June 9 meeting were approved unanimously. (EJ moved, DL seconded)
Treasurer ( Absent )
* financial report – waived.
* change in membership – one new member.
Vice President’s Report (Mary Camp)
* ‘Open House Class Planning’ session – four attendees.
* ‘How to Buy a Computer’ class will be scheduled for July.
* Labor Day Festival – will email call for volunteers for Information Day booth and parade. VP
authorized to spend up to $200 for GIAC pencils and promo materials (EJ moved, MC seconded,
President’s Report (Doug Love)
* discussion of support for non-profit organizations. Groups will need to join GIAC or be sponsored
by a member, then will be given 1 email box and 5 MB of webspace without charge. (NM moved, EJ
seconded, unanimously approved)
System Administrator’s Report (Neil McLeod)
* spam filtering status – Peggy checking to find what we have.
* trouble ticket reporting system status – use current system.
* services rate structure – will put into new membership kits.
* will incorporate what has been received for Win98 and XP for dialer and email client procedural
details and put on website documentation.
* additional ISP issues – to see if IKANO has a time limit on continuous connection.
Webmster’s Report (Neil McLeod)
* ISP transition – has asked Boonet to close our old mailboxes on their server.
* Labor Day Festival website – will inform LDF committee about our non-profit policy.
Director’s Report (Ed James)
* will write up agenda for next Board Meeting on Thursday August 12th.
=== Old Business ===
Legal Committee (Doug Love)
* needs volunteers.
* Mary Camp reported committee has not finished. Needs to meet.
=== New Business ===
* WiFy grant – Ed will ask Dorian Winter to write and submit proposal for New Deal Café. Neal
asked about WiFy kit for non-technical people.
=== Conclusion ===
* Good meeting. Will hold off requesting mediators from PG County Office of Community Relations.
* 7:00 p.m. on Thursday August 12th at the Greenbelt police station.
Voice and Email Roster: Don’t forget to check GIAC@greenbelt.com
* Jun 04 – Jul 10 Ed James
* Jul 11 – Jul 17 Mary Camp
* Jul 18 – Jul 24 Doug Love
* Jul 25 – Jul 31 Neil McLeod
* Aug 01 – Aug 07 Ed James
* Aug 08 – Aug 14 Mary Camp
* Peggy Bates – look into spam filters.
* Mary Camp – call city about Community Recognition form, schedule ‘How to Buy a Computer’
class, put announcement in News Review,make flyer for Elizabeth and email members, order GIAC
pencils, email members asking for Labor Day volunteers (Info Day and Parade), continue with audit,
write and send draft July minutes to the Board, work with Neil on new membership kits.
* Ed James – compile next Board meeting agenda include ‘Visitor Presentation’ item, talk to Dorian
Winters about WiFy proposal.
* Doug Love – ask for legal committee volunteers.
* Neil McLeod – find out IKANO connection time limit, inform LDF committee about webspace, work
with Mary on updating membership kits.
The meeting adjourned at 8:25 PM approved unanimously. (DL moved, NM seconded)