Monthly Board Meeting
October 14, 2004. Police Station
Present: Mary Camp (Acting Chair), Peggy Bates, Ed James, Doug Love & Neil McLeod,
=== Preliminaries ===
The meeting was called to order at 7:07 PM (MC moved, DL seconded)
The modification/approval to agenda approved unanimously. (NM moved, DL seconded)
=== Visitor Presentations ===
Dorian Winterfeld discussed set-up of WiFi site at New Deal Caf‚ to be supported by GIAC for one year. Motion to authorize up to $1000 in funding for implementing a WiFi hotspot at the Roosevelt Center for the benefit of the public, subsequent to approval of a Memorandum of Agreement by both the GIAC and NDC boards was approved unanimously. ( NM moved, DL seconded)
=== Monthly Reports ===
Secretary (Mary Camp, Acting)
* The minutes of the September 9 meeting were approved unanimously. (EJ moved, DL seconded)
Treasurer (Peggy Bates )
* financial report $55.75 to date.
* change in membership lost 2 members, gained one, suspended 2. Total of 92 members.
Vice President's Report (Mary Camp)
* no class in September.
* scheduled classes: Oct 28 'Internet Security', Nov 10 'How to Buy a Computer', Nov 17 'How to Buy Computer Peripherals'
President's Report (Doug Love, Acting)
* language as appears on website for non-profit organization support was approved unanimously.
(NM moved, DL seconded)
System Administrator's Report (Peggy Bates and Neil McLeod)
* server outage on Oct 9 didn't know about. Need to report to them.
* Neil gave report on Lenora Gooding's computer. No charge to her account while Neil worked on her computer. Discussion about having a list of people who fix computers on the GIAC web site.
Webmster's Report (Neil McLeod)
* photo gallery activity new photographer taking shots and scanning to Neil.
Director's Report (Ed James)
* will write up agenda for Thursday November 11th board meeting.
=== Old Business ===
Audit committee (Mary Camp, Acting)
* reported committee has not finished. Members, Mary Camp, Gil Lee and Doug Love, need to schedule a meeting and finish the audit before the end of the year.
=== New Business ===
Additional Issues none
=== Conclusion ===
Voice and Email Roster: Don't forget to check GIAC@greenbelt.com
* Oct 10 Oct 16 Doug Love
* Oct 17 Oct 23 Neil McLeod
* Oct 24 Oct 30 Ed James
* Oct 31 Nov 06 Mary Camp
* Nov 07 Nov 13 Doug Love
* 7:00 p.m. on Thursday November 11th at the Greenbelt police station.
* Peggy Bates provide payment to Centerway for domain hosting; setup non-profit expense accounts.
* Mary Camp give receipts to Peggy; email members with class schedule for rest of 2004; make flyer for Elizabeth; continue with audit; write and send draft October minutes to the Board.
* Ed James work on Perl program; work with Dorian on WiFi; compile next Board meeting agenda.
* Doug Love
* Neil McLeod find out status of squirrel mail; work with Ed to test Perl program for web space usage; due to Oct 2nd and 3rd DSN problem need to let members know how to report problems.
The meeting adjourned at 8:55 PM approved unanimously. (EJ moved, DL seconded)