Monthly Board Meeting
December 9, 2004. Police Station
Present: Mary Camp (Acting Chair), Peggy Bates, Ed James, Doug Love & Neil McLeod,
=== Preliminaries ===
The meeting was called to order at 7:10 PM while Board members prepared GIAC coupon and CD mailer.
The agenda approved unanimously. (DL moved, EJ seconded)
=== Visitor Presentations ===
=== Monthly Reports ===
Secretary (Mary Camp, Acting)
* November 9 meeting were approved unanimously. (DL moved, EJ seconded)
Treasurer (Peggy Bates )
* financial report – converted non-profit accounts. $82 negative funds to date.
* membership – 48 dial-up accounts and 7 non-connection accounts. Total of 90 members.
Vice President’s Report (Mary Camp)
* Nov 10 ‘How to Buy a Computer’ had 1 attendee, Nov 17 ‘How to Buy Computer Peripherals’ had
3 attendees. Elizabeth Hubley printed & posted flyer for Nov 17 class.
* no class in December; none scheduled for January at this time.
President’s Report (Doug Love, Acting)
* non-profit organization support discussion – to work on over holiday break.
* New Deal Café WiFi status – not available for testing yet.
System Administrator’s Report (Peggy Bates and Neil McLeod)
* Horde upgrade – working and is nice. SQLMail upgraded and working.
* Need to evaluate ISP service before contract year is up.
Webmster’s Report (Neil McLeod)
* update ISP transition, need to make some changes to FAQ.
* like to have more Greenbelt community photos. Wants to work on other web features.
* still working and updating News Review ‘s network with their DSL connection.
Director’s Report (Ed James)
* will write up agenda for Thursday January 13th board meeting.
=== Old Business ===
Audit committee (Mary Camp, Acting)
* reported committee has not finished. Mary has some parts to finish and the report to write. Plan to
give to Peggy by Dec 18th. Need to setup next year’s committee.
=== New Business ===
=== Conclusion ===
Voice and Email Roster: Don’t forget to check GIAC@greenbelt.com
* Dec 05 – Dec 11 Doug Love
* Dec 12 – Dec 18 Neil McLeod
* Dec 19 – Dec 25 Ed James
* Dec 26 – Jan 01 Mary Camp
* Jan 02 – Jan 08 Doug Love
* Jan 09 – Jan 15 Neil McLeod
* 7:00 p.m. on Thursday January 13th at the Greenbelt police station.
* Peggy Bates – send latest contacts PDF to all; accounts database to Neil; classified ad for News
Review about @greenbelt.com address and New Deal hot spot.
* Mary Camp – burn 5 more CD’s and give to Peggy; finish audit; give receipts to Peggy; summary of
classes for year to Peggy; write and send draft December minutes to the Board.
* Ed James – schedule meeting with Neil to work on Perl program; draft with New Deal Café news
article and letter for News Review about wifi; compile next Board meeting agenda.
* Doug Love – prepare non-profit organization support material.
* Neil McLeod – set up multiple contacts for trouble ticket.
The meeting adjourned at 8:40 PM approved unanimously. (MC moved, NM seconded)