Greenbelt Internet Access Cooperative
Monthly Board Meeting - May 12, 2005
Conference Room, Greenbelt Police Station
M E E T I N G M I N U T E S
DIRECTORS: Mary Camp, Ed James, Neil McLeod
OFFICERS: Peggy Bates
=== PRELIMINARIES ===
1. Meeting called to order at 7:06pm. (Peggy Bates)
2. Approval of Agenda (NM moved, EJ seconded, unanimous approval)
=== GUEST PRESENTATIONS ===
=== MONTHLY REPORTS ===
3. Secretary (Mary Camp) [acting]
· Approval of meeting minutes
- April 14 meeting - Draft minutes posted April 17. No comments received.
- March 10 meeting - Draft minutes posted April 17. No comments received.
- February 10 meeting - Draft minutes posted April 17. No comments received.
- Send e-mail for Directors to vote on.
4. Treasurer (Peggy Bates)
· Financial report
- Through April $35.66 due to WiFi expenses.
· Membership report
- 90 members: 38 co-op only, 52 service accounts, 5 non-profit websites.
5. Vice President (Mary Camp)
· Class on “Firefox and Thunderbird” or “Desktop Customization” postponed until after June.
· Met with Neil on May 5 - Got laptop working with Greenbelt News Review private WiFi hotspot [in support of GIAC classes in the Community Center].
6. President [vacant]
7. System Administrator (Peggy Bates / Neil McLeod)
· Significant support activity during past month. (Duty Directors)
- Ask Abbie Weiner about Leonore Gooding’s situation [and if Abbie will be secretary]. (Mary)
· Greenbelt News Review network upgrade. (Neil)
- Finishing the upgrade has been affected by window replacement at the Community Center.
· Enable subscriber access to control panel mailing lists. (Neil)
- Susan Taylor wants a mailing list for 100+ addresses.
8. Webmaster (Neil McLeod)
· Will finish Annual Meeting pages by May 14.
· Obtained permission to publish GNR photos on the Community Website.
9. Director (Ed James)
· Upgrade Perl script program to determine disk usage.
- Still needs to schedule a CP orientation meeting with Neil.
· Will write up agenda for June 9 Board meeting.
10. Audit Committee (Mary Camp) [acting]
· All but last item done for 2003 audit and then have the report to write.
· Planned May 7 meeting was postponed.
· Committee Meeting: 6:00pm on Sunday, May 15, at Peggy’s to complete 2003 audit report and start 2004 audit.
11. Legal Committee (Neil McLeod) [acting] – No report
=== OLD BUSINESS ===
12. Prepare for Annual Meeting.
· Discussed bylaw change, who is up for election, vacancies, and recruiting members for the Board.
· Room reserved for annual meeting. (Mary)
· Will email Elizabeth Hubley about refreshments. (Mary)
· Special Meeting: For all Directors scheduled at 1:00pm, Saturday, May 14, at Peggy's to prepare for annual meeting.
=== NEW BUSINESS ===
13. Additions to Agenda
· Publicize New Deal Café WiFi.
- Peggy will send Mary and Neil her flyer to review and post.
=== CONCLUSION ===
14. Voice/E-mail Roster Don't forget to check GIAC@greenbelt.com
May 08 - May 14 Ed James
May 15 – May 21 Mary Camp
May 22 – May 28 Ed James
May 29 – Jun 04 Neil McLeod
Jun 05 – Jun 11 Ed James
15. Action Items from Today's Meeting
· Peggy Bates: Send latest contacts PDF to all; accounts database to Neil; make questionnaire on service; get more postcards; make flyer about WiFi send to Mary and Neil.
· Mary Camp: Finish audit; make PDF files from membership forms; check new video driver on laptop; e-mail Elizabeth Hubley about food for annual meeting and make her a CD; correct February minutes, email March and April minutes to the Board; write draft May minutes.
· Ed James: Schedule meeting with Neil to work on Perl program; compile next Board meeting agenda.
· Neil McLeod: Amend committee bylaw; continue work on GNR network; meet with Ed; get Bank of America signature form; review nonprofit papers.
16. Scheduled Meetings
· Special Meeting: 1:00pm, Saturday, May 14, at Peggy Bates
· Audit Committee: 6:00pm, Sunday, May 15, at Peggy Bates
· Annual Meeting: 6:30pm, Tuesday, June 7, at Greenbelt Community Center
· Monthly Meeting: 7:00pm, Thursday, June 9, at Greenbelt Police Station
17. Meeting adjourned at 9:05pm.
- 08/08/05 Posted by Mary Camp
- 09/01/05 Edited & reformatted by Neil McLeod