Greenbelt Internet Access Cooperative
Monthly Board Meeting – September 4, 1997
Conference Room, Greenbelt Police Station
M E E T I N G M I N U T E S
DIRECTORS: Anne Andersen (late arrival), Matt Elliott, Doug Love, Neil McLeod, Chris Morris, Nancy Revis (Absent: Jim Heagy, Clement Lau, Greg Meyer)
MEMBERS: Ralph Bram, Bill Dupree, David Hunt, Ed James, Dan Macy, Patty Merryman, Dorian Winterfeld
GUESTS: Ranie Crompton, Tom Crompton, Honore Francois, David Hunt, Melissa M. Moriell, Claude Revis, Tom Simon, David Stern
=== PRELIMINARIES ===
1. The meeting was called to order at 7:00pm, with Nancy Revis presiding.
=== MONTHLY REPORTS ===
2. Secretary (recording secretary unknown)
3. Treasurer (Chris Morris)
· Chris distributed financial statements to each Director present.
4. Membership Committee (Neil McLeod)
· Neil distributed a service payment summary to each Director present.
5. ISP Committee - No report
=== OLD BUSINESS ===
6. Community Events
· Nancy Revis led a discussion regarding the Labor Day Festival and Parade (just completed).
· Nancy led a discussion regarding the content of future classes. Possible topics include plug-ins and e-mail.
· There was additional discussion regarding the class content and length. It appears that some classes are not meeting the needs of the attendees.
8. Internet Service Provider
· Matt Elliott led a discussion regarding continuing ISP problems, notably e-mail errors.
· Nancy led a discussion on the need for additional volunteers to assist Neil. Tom Simon and Tom Crompton volunteered their services to help with troubleshooting and connections for new GIAC Members.
10. Website Development
· Further discussions centered on the upgrade of the GREENBELT.COM site.
11. Nonprofit Status
· Chris led a discussion regarding the future status of GIAC as a nonprofit entity. Chris will do some research and report back on the feasibility of this conversion.
=== NEW BUSINESS ===
12. Publicity / Promotions
· Dan Macy expressed his ideas for promoting GREENBELT.COM. Other discussions highlighted the need for a coordinator to handle this task.
=== CONCLUSION ===
13. Scheduled Meetings
· The next meeting will be held at 7:00pm on Thursday, October 2, in the conference room at the Greenbelt Police Station.
14. The meeting was adjourned.
- 08/__/97 Posted by Jim Heagy
- 05/15/00 Edited by Neil McLeod
- 09/01/05 Reformatted by Neil McLeod